The Halifax ISA Reward is currently being offered with a tax-free interest rate of 3.00% AER with an opening balance of £1 and unlimited withdrawals.
As an added incentive to existing current account customers, Halifax are offering a higher interest rate on the Halifax ISA Reward with an extra 0.20% AER. To quality for the extra interest Halifax current account holder must meet the following criteria:
- Pay £1,000 more into a Halifax current account each month
- Hold a Halifax Ultimate Reward Account
- Become a Halifax current account holder using the Switching service and either a) pay in £1,000 or more into your account each month or b) open a Haliax Ultimate Reward Account.
Halifax are offering the deal as an incentive for Halifax ISA Direct customers to use them for their main current account.
Halifax ISA Direct Features & Rates
- The minimum opening balance for the Halifax ISA Direct
- The minimum balance for the duration of the reward period is £1
- Unlimited withdrawals from the account during the reward period (the minimum withdrawal is £10)
- Account deposits must not exceed the annual limit for the tax year
- It’s possible to access, manage and make deposits in branch.
- Savings can be viewed online and transfers between accounts can be made using Halifax online banking
- Under existing tax rules on one cash ISA can be funded during any one tax year
- ISA’s held with other providers can be transferred to the Halifax
When the 12 month reward period is up the Halifax ISA Saver Direct which drop to a variable interest rate, currently at 0.50% AER. Halifax has commited to keeping customers informed when the reward offer is ending.
How to apply for the Halifax ISA Direct Saver
To apply for the Halifax ISA Direct Saver you will need the following details:
- National Insurance number
- Halifax account details (existing customers only)
- Details of previous addresses if you haven’t lived in the same address for 3 years or more
You can apply for the Halifax ISA Direct Saver online, via Halifax online banking if you’re an existing customer, by telephone on 0845 850 2582 (between 8am-8pm Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm Saturday and 9am-5pm Sunday) or by visiting a Halifax branch.